While Sammy Hagar, like the rest of us, will most likely be spending today (Tuesday) Cinco de Mayo at home, there’s no reason not to imbibe in a little cocktail.
Sammy suggests using his Santo Mezquila to make a Santo Mezquila Margarita. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 oz of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz Fresh tangerine or orange juice
- 1/2 oz of orange liquor — simple syrup (Aura), and a 1/2 teaspoon of agave syrup
- 1/2 oz of Damiana (if not available, double whatever sweetener you’re using)
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh grated orange peel.
- 1 1/2 oz of his Santo Mezquila
He then says, “In a shaker full of ice shake vigorously! Pour through strainer into your choice of glass with this lightly salted rim. You can use a chili salt combination if you like a little heat like Guy Fieri. Some people like to pour the ice from the shaker into a bigger glass. I personally don’t like my drink to water down too much.”